Roads and Maritime Services - TTY
Roads and Maritime Services is a NSW government agency established on 1 November 2011 under s.46 of the Transport Administration Act 1988.
Roads and Maritime is an operating agency within the Transport cluster. Transport for NSW is at the centre of the Transport cluster with responsibility for setting the strategic direction and guiding an extended network of public and private service delivery agencies to provide improved transport outcomes.
Roads and Maritime is the operating agency delivering value for our customers and the community through safe, efficient and quality road and maritime networks as part of the transport system.
Our key priorities include:
- Plan, design, build, maintain and operate safe and secure networks to meet customer needs and improve overall satisfaction
- Deliver regulatory services to promote and improve customer safety
- Keep customers informed about our activities, minimise network disruptions and enable efficient reliable journeys
- Deliver value at every stage of network development
- Respectfully engage communities at all stages of our work
- Embed sustainability and minimise the environmental impact of our activities
- Maintain the credibility and reputation of our organisation
- Collaborate across government to support safe and secure special events
- Integrate network planning with broader land use and transport planning (via regional, district, growth area and precinct plans)
- Integrate networks with the broader transport system including major infrastructure projects in metropolitan and regional NSW
- Deliver projects to support growth centres and priority precinct activation and contribute to delivery of the Greater Sydney District Plans
- Ensure a safe and healthy workplace
- Develop people, innovative technology, systems and processes to support delivery
- Inform, integrate and enable Transport for NSW strategy, policy and plans
- Operate within our budgets and make the right network investments at the right time
- Build a diverse and inclusive organisation to better reflect the community
- Ensure clear governance and accountability for decision making across the organisation
Roads and Maritime provides a range of services to customers such as vehicle and vessel registration and licensing, supplying up-to-date and accurate travel time information, and delivering traffic alerts and updates. Roads and Maritime strives to engage with customers and the community to understand their needs and consider these when making decisions.
Our core services include:
- Build and maintain infrastructure
- Provide licence and registration services
- Manage compliance to rules and regulations
- Provide safety management services
- Deliver traffic management services
- Deliver environmental solutions
- Manage tolling services
- Regulate users of roads and waterways