The Minnipa Agricultural Centre was previously known as the Minnipa Research Centre, Minnipa Seed Wheat Farm or Minnipa Experimental Farm.
It was established on 13 May 1915.
The centre is situated approximately 600 km north-west of Adelaide on the central Eyre Peninsula.
The centre occupies 1,200 hectares of light sandy loam with occasional patches of limestone and lighter rises. Granite outcrops are a prominent geographical feature.