Primary Industries and Regions SA (PIRSA) is a key economic development agency in the government of South Australia.
PIRSA’s priorities are to:
- Increase productivity of our primary industries and agribusinesses.
- Secure production through biosecurity, food safety standards and efficient and sustainable use of resources.
- Enable market access by working with primary industries to respond to evolving requirements of domestic and global markets and consumers.
- Grow regions by driving new economic opportunities and building and strengthening communities.
- Manage adverse events effectively and help primary industries and communities improve preparedness, resilience and recover well.
- Reform our legislative framework and programs to drive efficiency, effectiveness and unlock potential.
- Build partnerships with industry, stakeholders, research organisations and regional communities.
- Perform well as a modern, flexible and responsive organisation that values and develops its people.