- Princess Margaret Hospital For Children
Perth Children’s Hospital has replaced Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH) as Western Australia’s specialist paediatric hospital and trauma centre, providing medical care to children and adolescents up to 16 years of age.
The 298-bed hospital provides treatment for the most serious medical cases, as well as secondary services including inpatient, outpatient and day-stay care.
Perth Children’s Hospital delivers world-class care to children and families, with state-of the-art facilities including:
- 75 per cent single rooms
- A larger Emergency Department
- 12 multi-use theatres, including an intraoperative MRI and two interventional theatres
- Parent beds in each standard inpatient room
- Parent lounges on every floor
- Green spaces and indoor and outdoor recreational areas
- Retail food outlets
- Co-location of all inpatient mental health services for under 16s
- Increased outpatient and day-stay capacity
- Entertainment facilities
- A Family Resource Centre and Aboriginal Family Lounge (Kulunga Moort Mia)
- Helicopter landing pad for the QEII campus