Deanne (Dee) Ryall is the member for Ringwood & is appointed to the Economic, Education, Jobs and Skills & Penalty Rates and Fair Pay committees.
What We Do
The Parliamentary System
The parliament's role is to make laws & hold the Government to account for it's policies, actions & spending. The functions of the Parliament include:
- forming a Government from among it's members
- making new laws & updating old laws
- representing the people
- examining & approving Government taxes & spending
How do I find which electorate I am in?
The State of Victoria is a representative democracy, meaning we elect representatives to make decisions on our behalf. Voters, once enrolled, elect representatives to each of the three levels of government: Federal, State and Local council. Use our interactive maps on our website, www.parliament.vic.gov.au/findelectorate, enter your address, suburb or postcode to find the name of your Federal , State & Local Government electorates & representatives.
How do I submit a petition?
Victorians can use petitions to raise issues & request action from Parliament. If you want to present a petition, you need to understand & follow all the necessary rules. The Legislative Assembly & the Legislative Council have different rules. You can submit an electronic petition (E-petition) using our website, www.parliament.vic.gov.au/council/petitions/electronic-petitions, or alternatively download a template from our website, www.parliament.vic.gov.au/submit-a-petition.
How do I organise a tour of Parliament House?
Parliament House is open to the public throughout the year excluding weekends & public holidays. Public tours of Parliament House are available on days when Parliament is not sitting. Public tours starts from 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am, 1.00pm (Express tour), 1.30pm, 2.30pm, 3.30pm & 4.00pm (Express tour) Mon-Fri from the Vestibule. Tours are limited to the first 25 people. Booking is essential for groups of 6 or more. For more information visit our website, www.parliament.vic.gov.au/visit
At A Glance
Parliament makes new laws & update old laws.
Holds the Government to account for its policies.
Parliament represents the people of Victoria.
The Governor of Victoria represents the Crown.
Parliament of Victoria is a State parliament.
99% of teachers satisfied with school group tours of Parliament.
95% of Members satisfied that advice given is responsive & clear.
100% of bills & amendments processed accurately & accordingly.
- Health and Human Services Department of (VIC) Ringwood
- Health and Human Services Department of (VIC) Disability Information & Support - Statewide
- Health and Human Services Department of (VIC) Compliments & Complaints
- Health and Human Services Department of (VIC) NURSE-ON-CALL - 24 Hour Service
- Health and Human Services Department of (VIC) After Hours Child Protection Emergency Service
- Health and Human Services Department of (VIC) Tobacco Information Line
- Health and Human Services Department of (VIC) Communicable Diseases
- Health and Human Services Department of (VIC) Immunisation Enquiries
Publish your business details and connect with customers on 30+ platforms.