Bogan Street, Parkes NSW 2870
Council's Senior Management Team is led by the General Manager, Kent Boyd.
Director Technology & Corporate Services
Les Finn has been employed with Parkes Shire Council since 1983.
Director Engineering Services
Ben Howard has been with Parkes Shire Council since 2008.
Director Planning & Environment
Steven Campbell, Director Planning and Environment has been with Parkes Shire Council since August 1990.
Andrew Francis has been with Parkes Shire Council since 2005.
Parkes Shire Council consists of four (4) main departments and the Office of the General Manager. An organisation structure chart of Parkes Shire Council can be found here.
Office of the General Manager
Technology and Corporate Services
Planning and Environment
Parkes is well equipped to host your event with specialist function facilities catering for 5 to 550.
With access to a great range of venues, equipment hire and catering options, planning your event will be enjoyable and rewarding.
Whether it's a conference, concert, intimate meeting or a major exhibition, Parkes boasts a great range of venues and facilities to stage your event. Council's Tourism & Events Unit can ably assist you, providing flair and local insight from theme and suppliers right down to where to get great coffee and a comfy pillow, all to ensure ease in planning a successful event.
Rates and Water Charges
Parkes Shire Council raises approximately one quarter of its operating income from rates.
Council provides many services which rates help to fund. Some examples are:
- maintenance of roads and parks and gardens
- community services for senior citizens and youth
- town planning
- animal services
- swimming pools
Rates are the way our community contributes to funding these services and the many others.
Tenders and Quotations
Parkes Shire Council uses a range of e-tendering tools specific to the requirements of the proposal. All Purpose Evaluation Tool (APET), LGP's Vendor Panel and Tender link to manage its Tender and Requests for Proposal submissions for various projects.
Vendors wishing to lodge a submission for any of Council's projects are required to register with the relevant portal and then make their submissions through the appropriate e-tendering tool.
- Parkes Shire Council Family Day Care Parkes/Forbes
- Parkes Shire Council Parkes Library
- Parkes Shire Council Administration Centre
- Parkes Shire Council Visitor Information Centre
- Parkes Shire Council Engineering Services (inc. Roads, Water, Sewer, Weeds, Trees, Parks)
- Parkes Shire Council Planning & Environment (inc. Development, Building & Environment, Cemeteries, Waste, Animal Control)
- Parkes Shire Council Parkes Turnstiles
- Parkes Shire Council Emergency After Hours