Ngutana-Lui Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Cultural Studies Centre
Ngutana-Lui - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Studies Centre is a section of Brisbane Catholic Education and one espousing a spirit of welcome and a spiritual connectedness with Mother Earth and our Creator, as especially revealed through Jesus Christ and the tradition of the Catholic Church.
We provide opportunities for Catholic students, their teachers and others to increase their awareness, knowledge, understanding and respect of the cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. The purpose of the Centre is to foster and encourage reconciliation between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and non-Indigenous Australians.
Services We Offer
The Ngutana-Lui Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Studies Centre was established in 1989 by Brisbane Catholic Education in conjunction with the Aboriginal and Islander Catholic Council and the local community.
The Centre is located in the Moreton Region about 15 kilometres south west of Brisbane in the grounds of St Mark's Parish, Inala.
The aims of the Centre are to promote reconciliation, through education and to develop and enhance cultural knowledge, understanding and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Booking Your Excursion
Preparation for booking an excursion
- Pick your date - Please book as far in advance as possible and have some alternative dates in mind.
- Pick your lesson - Peruse our program overview - found at this website under The Cultural Visitation Program
- Complete the booking form - School to Centre (to visit us) or Centre to School (for us to visit you)
Things to consider:
- How many students and/or adults will be coming? And what year levels?
- Do you have any special requirements or focus for the day or people with special needs?
- Are there any travel/time restrictions which may affect the program?
- Book as far in advance as possible, and have some alternative dates in mind.
Why Choose Us?
The purpose of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Visitation Program is to promote reconciliation through the developing cultural understanding and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The philosophy of the Centre is based on a holistic view of creation and spirituality.
This is the heart of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and is central to the program provided.
This is portrayed throughout the program offered to schools in both traditional and contemporary contexts.