Nelson Bros Funeral Services are Melbourne's oldest family-owned funeral directors. With five modern funeral homes across Melbourne suburbs, we maintain the highest standards to provide professional quality care in everything we do. Our aim is not to be the biggest funeral directors in Melbourne, but to be the best.
We are experienced in dealing with specific cultural or religious needs, as necessary in multicultural Australia.
Nelson Bros Bereavement Resource Centre has provided assistance for those in the community dealing with loss and grief since 1987.
Planning a Funeral
Start planning today
Although there are many decisions to be made when arranging a funeral, as experienced funeral directors we can assist you in all stages of planning. Some considerations to start your planning are:
- Who should arrange the funeral?
- When is the best/worst time to arrange a funeral?
- Should I pre-pay my funeral?
- Shall I include funeral arrangements in my will?
- Nelson Bros Personal Planning Guide
- Should I be buried or cremated?
- What type of funeral service do most families select?
Supporting the Community
Nelson Bros actively supports our communities and our families.
Our Bereavement Resource Centre was established in 1987 to help all those in the community with death and grief, with resources drawn extensively from around the world.
We also have a strong history of helping families from all backgrounds, cultures, religions and nationalities.
It is important we work closely with you to understand your specific requirements. See Multicultural Funerals for more information.
Involvement with our local communities is important to Nelson Bros. For that reason, we actively support sporting clubs, churches, Rotary, local festivals and events.
Everlasting Online Memorials
For over 150 years, the Nelson family and Nelson Bros Funeral Services have provided quality funeral service to Victorian families, adapting to change and improving our services. We have paid tributes to tens of thousands of families over a century and a half.
Features of the memorial include:
- Invite friends & family to visit the memorial
- Tell a beautiful life story
- Light candles
- Secure a unique address on the web
- Upload pictures of the deceased
- Create and share albums and slideshows
- Post tributes and share memories
- Add videos to your memorials
- Send messages of condolences to family members
- Track activity on the memorial
- Customise the memorial to suit
- Find others who are dealing with grief
- All content is monitored
Bereavement Resource Centre
Nelson Bros Bereavement Resource Centre was established in February 1987 to help all those in the community with death and grief. It is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm to all members of the community.
Assistance is now available for:
- Those who have experienced a recent bereavement and require further information regarding support groups
- Information on professional counselling or reading material on understanding grief
- Parents in need of advice and help in talking to their children about death and dying
- Students who are studying the subject of loss, death and grief, and need recent authoritative reference materials
- Professionals who want an increased understanding of how best to assist people experiencing loss