Ideally situated in the heart of the Adelaide Hills the Mount Barker Caravan and Tourist Park offers reasonable rates, comfortable en-suite cabins (fully air-conditioned with television, and cooking facilities). We also are a pet friendly park (with prior permission from management).
Ideally situated and rightly considered the 'hub' of the Hills, the Mount Barker Caravan & Tourist Park offers reasonable rates, top class comfortable ensuite cabins, powered and unpowered sites.
Pets are allowed by prior arrangement.
No highway noise, quiet shady sites, barbeque area, telephone facilities, oval and swimming pool right next door and ideal walking trails around the area.
- Free gas BBQ's
- Free wireless internet
- Dump point
- Pet friendly to powered sites (pets are NOT allowed in cabins)
- Access to Public Swimming Pool (Nov-Mar)
- Walking distance to public transport, local shopping and places to dine
There is plenty to see close by, including the historic village of Hahndorf, the open range zoo at Monarto, boutique wineries throughout the Hills, the National Motor Museum, or the multi-tourism award winning Warrawong Sanctuary .
Railway enthusiasts have only to walk a short distance to find the heritage-listed Mount Barker Railway Station, home of great vintage steam engines.
- Heritage Railway
- Linear Walking Trail
- Golf Course
- Monarto Zoo
- Wineries (Local, Barossa, McLaren Vale)
- Close to Strathalbyn, Victor Harbor and Barossa Valley
- Melbas Chocolate Factory (Woodside)
- The Big Rocking Horse (Gumeracha)
- National Motor Museum (Birdwood)
Bedding configurations available:
- Queen Bed, Single Bunk
- Queen Bed, Single Bed
- Double Bed, Single Bed (Disabled Access)
- All cabins include, En-suite, cooking facilities, TV, Heating/Air Con.
- Linen Provided for Executive Cabin.
- 10% Discount for 7 Day Stay.
Our other Accomodation options are:
World class cycling action each January, as the Jacob's Creek Tour Down Under races through the surrounding countryside, excitement in March when the Clipsal 500 motor race takes to the streets of Adelaide ... it's the horses turn during Easter with Australia's biggest picnic race meeting at the picturesque township of Oakbank.
There are Fesitivals and exhibitions, craft shops and galleries - all within easy reach of your home base.
- Tour Down Under (January)
- Highland Gathering (February)
- Clipsal 500 - V8 Supercars (March)
- Power of the Past (March)
- Oakbank Races (April)
- Jazz Festival (May)
- Adelaide Classic (Nov)