The Valley is the historic home of Australia's most prestigious horse race, the William Hill Cox Plate.
It's considered Melbourne's most appealing spectator racecourse, offering an exciting, up-close and personal entertainment experience like no other. Established in 1883, Moonee Valley has enjoyed a rich and vibrant history of thoroughbred horse racing at its unique amphitheatre track and was the first Australian metropolitan track to conduct night racing.
Moonee Valley Racing Club is committed to maintaining high standards of excellence in racing and customer service. Each race meeting offers premium racing, entertainment and enjoyment throughout the year and during the spring racing carnival. Our aim is to engage and excite our members and visitors about day and night racing at The Valley.
- Free beverage voucher each time you visit The Valley
- Free race book each time you visit The Valley
- Admission to all day and night race meetings at The Valley. Click here for full season calendar
- Access to members' restaurants and bars at all meetings
- Free members' car park pass
- Early release and reduced pricing for 2015 Cox Plate day dining and marquee packages
- Participation in Race for Awards member loyalty program
- Event invitations and special offers exclusive to members of The Valley
- Complimentary subscription to exclusive members' magazine on track
- Full voting privileges
- Discounts for private functions held with Valley events
- Members' E-news subscription
- Free junior jocks membership for all children/grandchildren under 12 years
Moonee Valley is one of Australia's most unique corporate function venues, wedding venues, Christmas party venues & event locations, set amongst the historic racecourse and stunning backdrop of Melbourne's city skyline.
Moonee Valley is ideal for the most intimate gatherings to major events, offering 15 stylish party venues and function spaces to suit any occasion. We cater for private and corporate functions on race days and non-race days, accommodating from 40 guests to 1200 guests.
Our dedicated events team will work with you to arrange everything from catering, room decor and entertainment to ensure your event is one to remember.
Moonee Valley Legends
Moonee Valley Legends is the MVRC multi-purpose venue open to the public 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Legends offer great dining and entertainment with uninterrupted views across the Moonee Valley racecourse and spectacular outlooks to Melbourne's city skyline.
Legends is the perfect place to enjoy a meal or a drink from our fully licensed bars and watch the races from an enviable position above the home turn.
During 2014, Legends underwent an extensive refurbishment, winning best refurbished club in Victoria at the recent CCV awards night. With an exciting program of live music performances lined up for 2014, there's something for everyone. Legends is also the ideal venue to hold your next function.
If you haven't been to Legends before, you are missing one of the best kept secrets in Melbourne.