Mercy Health & Aged Care Central Queensland Limited - Rockhampton
We are a not-for-profit catholic organisation committed to delivering the highest quality of health and aged care to the community of Central Queensland.
We have dedicated professional staff working in a team environment delivering relevant, compassionate, innovative and responsive care.
Mercy Health and Aged Care Central Queensland employs approximately 1,400 people working across:
- 5 Private Hospitals located in Mackay, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Bundaberg and Yeppoon
- 3 Residential Aged Care Facilities in Rockhampton
- 2 Retirement Villages in Rockhampton
- Day Respite and Day Therapy Centres in Rockhampton
- Mackay Day Surgery Unit
- Linen and Food Services in Rockhampton
- Corporate Office located in Rockhampton
In 1882 the Rockhampton Congregation became a separate foundation of the Sisters of Mercy and established a school at Kent Street, Rockhampton which was relocated in 1895 to the Athelstane Range and became the Range College. The Sisters extended their educational endeavours throughout Central Queensland in the early years of the century.
In November 1915, the Sisters in continuing their work of ministering to the sick, opened the Mater Hospital in Rockhampton. In 1927 the Mater Hospital in Mackay was opened, followed by the Bundaberg Mater in 1946, the Mater Hospital in Yeppoon in 1998 and the Mater Hospital in Gladstone in 1999.
- Do I need Private Health Insurance to be admitted at the Mater?
- Can I choose to come to the Mater instead of another hospital?
- What happens if I get sick after hours?
- Do I get one account for all services?
- How do I know what to bring in?
Mercy Health and Aged Care Central Queensland Limited consider all informal and formal compliments, enquiries and complaints as 'opportunities' to improve and provide the best possible care and service.
We are committed to responding positively to an effective and fair resolution of complaints by external customers and employees at all levels within the organisation.
Compliments, enquiries and complaints that are received, are acknowledged and followed through within an environment of respect and co-operation between the parties involved.