Welcome to the Mental Illness Fellowship of Western Australia. Our website was developed to provide information as well as comprehensive and integrated range of support services to people with mental illness, their careers, families and friends who have an interest in caring for a person with a mental illness.
We hope that the information provided in this site will be valuable as well as informative.
If you have any questions and or comments regarding mental illness we encourage you to contact us. Your feedback will be much appreciated.
The Mental Illness Fellowship of Western Australia is one of WA's leading organisations providing advice and support for West Australians with a mental illness, as well as their families and friends.
To find out more about mental illness check out the MIFA fact sheets, hosted by the Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia.
The Mental Health in Multicultural Australia organisation has a series of mental illness brochures available in a number of languages.
The brochures have been developed for use by mental health professionals when dealing with clients from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
There are many ways that you can support us and the work we do at MIFWA.
If you haven't already, you can become a member, and volunteering to help with our activities and programs can be rewarding. You can also make a donation to MIFWA online.
We appreciate any contribution you make.
At the Mental Illness Fellowship of WA, we provide a range of support services to people diagnosed with mental illness and their careers and families. Our Services include:
- Telephone Information & Referral Service
- Recovery Rehabilitation Program for adults with mental illness; Lorikeet Centre Rehabilitation Program
- Carer Services; Carer Respite and Well Ways Carers Education Program
- Youth Services; Early Intervention Recovery Program (EIRP)
- Family Services; Family Support Program & Parent Peer Support Program
- Support for Smokers with Mental Illness
- Individualised Support for Community Living