LOCAL BRANCH

Glenrowan

About Us

Mawsons began in 1912 when E.B. (Barney) Mawson began work as a contractor cutting thistles for the Kerang Shire. Little did Barney know that in years to come he would expand and become a key contractor in the region. In the 1940s and ‘50s Barney’s sons, Ken, Bernie and Lloyd, joined the business and continued their father's hard work.

Investing in all sorts of heavy machinery and using the resourcefulness of dedicated staff, Mawsons began building bridges and roads. The more work the Mawson family had, the greater the need for quarry products. This demand encouraged Mawsons to make a move into quarrying.

The Mawson business continued to expand, acquiring several quarries before a new growth area emerged in the mid-1960s. Concrete production was the next step in Mawsons development. By the mid-1980s, the company had four concrete plants across the Murray Valley. Today we operate more than 42 concrete and quarry sites stretching from Wangaratta to Broken Hill and Deniliquin to Seymour.

At A Glance
Premixed Concrete
Delivery