Helping Hand is a not-for-profit organisation offering home care services, retirement living and residential care homes to clients throughout South Australia.
We welcome & celebrate all people, & deliver personalised & professional services to meet the needs of older Australians.
To provide innovative and responsive services for older people, which support them to have the best quality of life.
Our clients’ well being is central to everything we do. We help older people to achieve:
- Independence and well being – we believe that wellness is a right and is different for each person
- Dignity of living – we believe everyone deserves exceptional care and attention
- Quality of life – we believe in maintaining quality of life and sense of purpose
- Choice – we believe in clients having control over their preferences and decisions
Our core values show in everything we do; in our work, interactions, decisions and strategies.
- Compassion – we believe in showing concern for others and doing everything we can to help
- Respect – we believe that everyone has the right to have their feelings, wishes and rights known and honoured
- Excellence – we believe in providing the highest standard that goes above and beyond
- Community – we believe in creating strong relationships with our clients, our teams, each other and our community
Our Workforce Qualities:
Our staff are:
- Engaged – our staff listen, are attentive and are interested in understanding clients’ needs
- Dedicated – our staff are committed to making a difference and bring their absolute best every day
- Professional – our staff are skilled, knowledgeable, respectful and courteous
- Genuine – our staff are real and reliable
Our Service Ethos:
We put our client’s choices first by being:
- Connected – we believe in an active, engaged and welcoming community of clients, staff and volunteers
- Personalised – we believe in delivering care to suit the needs of each person
- Considerate – we believe in listening to and learning about each client to provide better services
- Caring – we believe in providing clients with care, compassion and respect
Helping Hand is a not-for-profit organisation offering help at home, retirement living and residential care to over 7,000 older South Australians in Adelaide and regional South Australia.
We value independence, choice, freedom and quality of care. We enable our clients, carers and their families to live their lives to the full. We make people feel at home; in our residential homes, in their own home and in their workplace.