- Department of Health
- Tasmanian Health Service
- Health Department of (Tasmania)
- Children and Youth Services
- Ashley Youth Detention Centre
- Child Health Centres
- Adoption and Permanency Services
- Aboriginal Housing Services
- Child Protection Services
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Youth Justice
- Family Violence Counselling and Support Services
- Housing Tasmania
Health Department of
Glenorchy & Northern Districts - Adult Community Mental Health Services
The Adult Community Mental Health Service operates a number of community teams around the State.
We offer a free, confidential service to people aged between 18 and 65 years who have a severe and complex mental health problem. We provide assessment, treatment, support and education.
A new community based acute mental health service for short-term intensive care at home commenced in March 2019, for more information go to the Mental Health Hospital in the Home Unit page.
How to access our services
For advice, assessment and referral information phone the Mental Health Services Helpline on freecall 1800 332 388, for interstate callers dial 03 6166 6333. This is a confidential phone service staffed by community mental health clinicians.
The helpline is a triage service, and may refer you to a specialist mental health service or provide details for another service to assist you.
If you or anyone else is in immediate danger, call 000 for emergency services.
Assessment and treatment is provided by professional clinical teams from a range of disciplines, assisted by accredited support staff.Our team includes:
- Mental Health Nurses
- Clinical Psychologists
- Peer and Carer workers
- Social workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Psychiatrists and other specialist medical staff.
Services we provide
Adult Mental Health Services provides a range of services including:
- Advice and information about services to assist with mental health problems
- Assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for people with serious mental illness
- Extended treatment, support and care for persistent or recurring mental illness
- We also work with other service providers, doctors (GPs), private health care providers and emergency services.
- Aged Care
- Ambulance and Patient Transport
- Cancer Screening
- Children and Families
- Community Health
- Community Services
- Drugs and Alcohol Support
- Disability Support
- Elective Surgery
- Gambling Support
- HACC (Home and Community Care)
- Health Conditions
- Health Promotion
- Mental Health
- Oral Health (Dental)
- Palliative Care
- Public and Environmental Health
- Sexual Health
- Young People