Leader of the Government (Legislative Council), Hon Leonie Hiscutt MLC
The Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPAC) is the central agency of the Tasmanian State Government. The Department provides a broad range of services to Cabinet, other members of Parliament, Government agencies and the community.
The Department works closely with the public sector, the community, local government, the Australian Government and other state and territory governments. The Department also provides administrative support to the Tasmanian Community Fund which is separately accountable and reports directly to Parliament.
We work in partnership with the communities we serve and the agencies we lead to:
- Provide public policy services
- Deliver government information and services
- Manage inter-governmental relations
- Lead and coordinate whole-of-government initiatives
- Support the machinery of government
- Administer statutory responsibilities
- Deliver programs to improve the wellbeing of Tasmanians
- Support the Tasmanian State Service