Gateways was formed by the local community to create services to address community needs and is run by a Board of Management comprising highly respected members of the community. Gateways Support Services provides quality, responsive services to more than 1900 children and adults with disabilities and their families in the western half of Victoria each year.
To empower and support children and adults who have a disability/additional need and their families to maximise their:
- Quality and enjoyment of life
- Positive relationships within the community
Together we can create a community, where:
- Children and adults with a disability/additional need and their families are included, valued and well supported.
- We are all enriched through an understanding of, and increase participation in, the lives of children and adults who have a disability/additional need.
- Gateways is a great organisation to be part of, and our staff and volunteers are known for their excellence and their commitment to the organisation and our Mission.
- Commitment and Cooperation
- Opportunity and Openness
- Respect and Reliability
- Excellent and Empathy
Gateways services include:
- Autism Assessment and Diagnosis
- Early Childhood Intervention & Therapy Services
- Inclusion Support at Childcare and Kindergarten
- Case Management & Support Coordination
- Parent Support Groups
- Child and Adult Respite and Community Participation
- Interchange Volunteer Respite
- Social Recreation Groups for Teenagers and Young Adults with Disabilities
- Specialist School Holiday Programs for Children with Disabilities
- Skill Building & Community Participation Support for Adults
- Independent Living Support
- Specialist Out of Home Care for Children with Disabilities
- Community Residential Units for People with Complex Disabilities
- Dementia and Frail Aged Respite Programs