Cowra Information and Neighbourhood Centre
CINC was formed in 1984 following public demand for a community neighbourhood centre. With only $500 and a committee of community-minded people, CINC was off and running. Based at St Johns Anglican Church rectory, volunteer staff began running activities to meet the needs of the community.
With a strong track record of working collaboratively with other organisations, CINC grew to become the well-respected organisation it is today.
Our staff are highly educated and experienced and bring their forward-thinking, highly motivated approach to all of our services.
Volunteers are the most important resource our organisation has. Coming from all walks of life, each volunteer brings something special to CINC and we could not achieve what we do without the enormous contribution of time and skills given so freely by our volunteers.
WHAT WE DO
Our extensive services are achieved through much-needed community volunteers who become the brand ambassadors for the organisation along with the staff.
Our core services include:
- Family support
- Home modification to help keep disabled and elderly people at home for as long as possible
- Community transport for the disabled and elderly
- Community events for all community members
- Indigenous community links service
- Social inclusion – community events
- Youth connect – school students
- Family support – whole of community
- Cowra Community & Neighbourhood Services
- Cowra Family Support Service