LOCAL BRANCH

Coffs Harbour

Aviation Drive, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Business Summary
In 1930, Council (then Dorrigo Shire Council) was gazetted as the Trustee of the Coffs Harbour Aerodrome by the NSW Lands Department.
About Us

Council was licensed to operate the Aerodrome until World War II when it was taken over by the Commonwealth Government until its return to Council in 1984.

In the 1980’s an Air Traffic Control Tower was installed and still operates today. It is one of the few such facilities operating at regional airports around the country.

When the Commonwealth handed back ownership, funds were contributed to widen the main runway and build a new terminal. These projects were completed in 1987. Since then Coffs Harbour City Council has made ongoing and significant improvements to the Airport.

Plans of management (Coffs Harbour Regional Airport Master Plan) have been regularly prepared, adopted, reviewed and updated to guide the operations and business development of Coffs Harbour Regional Airport. Updates occurred in 1994, 2004, 2007 and 2011 and most recently in July of 2014.

The main Regional Public Transport (RPT) facilities are situated in the southern section of the airport land holding and the General Aviation (GA) precinct is located across the northern section.

As at 30th June 2014, the airport welcomed approximately 380,000 passengers and hosted around 29,500 RPT and GA aircraft movements.

With increased cost pressures on all sectors of the aviation industry, including airport operators, Coffs Harbour Regional Airport remains vigilant of the need to operate on an economically sustainable basis. Now guided by the 2014 Coffs Harbour Regional Airport Master Plan, opportunities to develop non-aeronautical revenue streams and expansion of General Aviation are being explored along with the possible development of a Business Park on airport lands.