We are one of Australia's most successful law firms. With over 1900 people nationally, and a reputation for being entrepreneurial and fresh-thinking, we are regarded as a leading legal practice in the Asia Pacific region.
We have a strong and vibrant culture that empowers its people to grow and develop in a supportive environment. Our teams are effective because we invest in the development of both technical and emotional skills. Our collaborative approach with clients is mirrored in our internal relationships which are characterised by open communication and smooth information exchange.What is our background?
Since we were founded in Sydney in 1833, Clayton Utz has changed and grown extensively - by anticipating changes in the legal industry, and responding to our clients' ever-evolving needs.
We achieved strong growth and success through the energetic vision of our leading partners, our in-depth industry expertise, and a commitment to working closely with our clients.
The firm has expanded beyond Sydney to Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Canberra and Darwin. We now have over 1900 people including 210 partners.
Until 2000, the firm operated as a federation of partnerships. On 1 July 2000, the firm became an integrated national practice, committed to being "OneFirm" - unified and consistent in everything we do.What makes us unique?
- We are passionate about helping our clients be more competitive.
- We have a 'can do' approach to the business of law. We do more than help our clients manage risk; we provide practical and innovative solutions that improve our clients' business performance.
- We are easy to work with because we work collaboratively with our clients and colleagues.
- We know that technical excellence is not enough - we ensure our people are accessible, responsive and empathetic to our clients' needs.
- We know our clients' businesses and industries and ensure that our services are delivered in context. We provide business solutions, not just technical legal advice.
- We are an integrated national firm providing services across the country
Our people are results-driven and commercially savvy - often recognised as leaders in specific industries and practice areas. We have the specialist skills and knowledge to provide sound, accurate advice.
Please visit here for more information.