What does Clarence City Council provide to our residents and ratepayers…
What would our city be like without a waste and recycling collection, maintenance of council-owned roads and footpaths?
What if there were no playgrounds, local parks, tracks and trails, sportsground facilities or arts and events?
And, what if there were no town planning, community halls, youth or children’s services?
Every day we deliver these services plus many more to ensure Clarence is a great place to live and that our city is vibrant, prosperous and sustainable. Here is a snapshot of what we provide to our residents:
Roads and footpath maintenance | bushfire management | community, land and coastcare grants | multi-user pathways | animal management | development and planning services | community bus | community halls |parks, reserves and playgrounds | tracks and trails | environmental health programs | events | arts | culture and heritage | immunisation clinics | sportsgrounds and facilities | waste and recycling collection | skate parks | stormwater | health and wellbeing initiatives | age friendly initiatives | access initiatives | volunteer services | youth services and programs | childrens services | climate change | economic development initiatives
Our vision – for the city is a vibrant, prosperous and sustainable city.
Our mission – to respond to the changing needs of the community through a commitment to excellence in leadership, advocacy, innovative governance and service delivery.
Strategic Plan 2016-2026
The City of Clarence Strategic Plan 2016-2026 identifies the opportunities to provide quality services and facilities to enrich the lifestyle of our community. The strategic plan identifies the following central themes to deliver this plan for our city:
- A people city – a city which values diversity and encourages equity and inclusiveness, where people of all ages and abilities have the opportunity to improve their health and quality of life.
- A well-planned liveable city – Clarence will be a well-planned liveable city with services and supporting infrastructure to meet current and future needs.
- A prosperous city – Clarence will develop its economy, improve prosperity, and expand both the level and equity of personal opportunity within its communities
- An environmentally responsible city – a city that values its natural environment and seeks to protect, manage, and enhance its natural assets for the long term environmental, social and economic benefit of the community.
- A creative and innovative city – a city that fosters creativity, innovation and enterprise.
Underpinning these themes, we will continue to provide leadership and governance of the City of Clarence while effectively and efficiently managing Council’s assets and resources.
The strategic plan is supported by sub-plans that relate to policy areas.
The City of Clarence Strategic Plan 2016-2026 was adopted by Council on 17 October 2016.
The Strategic Plan will be reviewed in 2020 in accordance with the requirements of the Local Government Act 1993.