Cancer Council Tasmania is a charity working to minimise the incidence and impact of cancer on all Tasmanians.
On average, over eight Tasmanians are diagnosed with cancer each day - making our work in Tasmania vital to the health of the community.
To reduce the incidence and impact of cancer in Tasmania, Cancer Council Tasmania:
- Provides high quality support services for people affected by cancer;
- Invests in cancer prevention programs to educate the community about lifestyle factors that can decrease the risk of cancer;
- Funds local cancer-related research projects;
- Provides a respected voice for the needs of people affected by cancer. Our work could not be achieved without the generosity of the Tasmanian community and the support of our dedicated volunteers. Our fundraising activities underpin our support services, prevention programs and cancer research funding.
Realising the hopes of all Tasmanians for a cancer free future.
Our priority area
- To encourage Tasmanians to lead healthy cancer-smart lifestyles
- To ensure that governments support the evidence and initiatives to reduce cancer risk
- To empower and support people affected by cancer
- To enable the community to raise funds to help beat cancer
- To contribute to Tasmanian based cancer research