The Cataract Care Centre was established in 1997 and is devoted solely to the care and treatment of patients with cataracts. This information has been provided to give you a clearer understanding of the various types and causes of cataract, the benefits of surgery and what to expect before, during and after the operation.
Services We Offer
When you attend the Cataract Care Centre for an assessment you will undergo a complete set of tests which will assess your vision and the health of your eyes. These tests will be performed by Dr Burgess and his Orthoptist (Ophthalmic Assistant).
- How do I know I may have a cataract?
- How is a cataract diagnosed?
- Are there different types of cataracts?
- Is surgery the only option to treat cataracts?
- When should cataracts be removed?
- Should I wait for the cataract to mature?
- Can both eyes be done together?
Why Choose Us?
In addition to being a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists and the Royal Australian College of Surgeons, Dr Burgess is also a member of American Academy of Ophthalmology
American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and is a foundation member of Australian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.