The Association was formed in 1994 by 15 operators when it was identified that our industry should
- Have a united voice for lobbying Government and other industry groups.
- Identify Bed and Breakfast and Farmstay establishments operating in our region
- Develop and adopt uniform standards
- Develop co-operative marketing for the Association's members products
- Website www.bnbnq.com.au
- Limited advertising
- Conduct workshops and seminars to increase operators skills and industry knowledge
- Facilitate member networking and cooperation
Membership is currently 47 Bed and Breakfast or Farmstay operators with members accepted from anywhere north of Rockhampton and to the State border in the west, a vast area of Tropical North Queensland.
The Association Network
- Queensland Commerce
- Ravenshoe Visitor Centre (Centre of the Universe)
- Babinda Information Centre
- Bed and Breakfast and Farmstay Association Queensland
- Regular industry updates.
- Members phone list - updated regularly.
- List of Insurance Brokers who have specific B&B policies and who understand your needs.
- List of over 40 free to list on web sites which includes sites that charge a maximum of 10% commission on proven bookings but no other charges.
- Your property listed on the drop down list on www.bnbnq.com.au
- Your property listed on the applicable index page on www.bnbnq.com.au
- Your property listed on the printable contact pages on www.bnbnq.com.au