The Australian Childhood Foundation was started over 30 years ago in 1986, by a small but passionate group of professionals and community advocates who wanted to fix major problems in child protection.
It was established to give children, whose pain was unacknowledged, a voice to ensure their safety and care became a priority within the community. Today as a national organisation with 32 community partnerships, the Foundation’s focus has not wavered.
The counsellors, educators and professional advocates at the Foundation work passionately to ensure children hurt by abuse, neglect and family violence are helped to heal. Refusing to give up on children, we are committed to helping the community to defend childhood and children and ensure they feel loved and safe.
We exist to protect children and restore childhood through the power of love.
Children are not just at the heart of all we do; they are our passion. It’s our privilege to support children, we work to surround them in a circle of love, care, and safety. We are passionate believers in the power of love to help abused children heal and to defend and restore childhood.
Love is the warmth and light in which children’s little hearts, minds and bodies grow, develop and experience the world. When love is gone, the light goes out and their world turns dark. Pain, fear and isolation become the shapers of their childhood.
It’s our privilege to work to restore love to childhood through relationships that guide, support and have the power to help children heal. Loving relationships are their light out of the darkness.
Our work is love in action and our teams work with children, families, carers and professionals who share our passion and hope for these children.
- We Help Children Heal
- We Keep Children Safe
- We Stand up for Children
- We Create Understanding for Children
- Australian Childhood Foundation Mitcham
- Australian Childhood Foundation Ringwood
- Parliamentarians-Federal Senators and Members Sukkar Michael (MP Deakin)
- Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions Ringwood
- Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions Department Information
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation Reception Advice
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation General & Program Enquiries
- Australian Communications and Media Authority (The ACMA) Industry Enquiries