- Director of Public Prosecutions, Office of the DPP
- State Records SA
- South Australia Classification Council
- Independent Gambling Authority
- Public Trustee SA
- Forensic Science SA
- Public Advocate Office Of
- Equal Opportunity Commission
- Justice Of The Peace Services
- Crown Solicitor's Office
- Commissioner For Victims' Rights
- Discrimination - Equal Opportunity Commission
- Fines Enforcement and Recovery Unit
- Consumer and Business Services
- Safework SA
- South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal
Attorney-General's Department South Australia
We foster community safety and wellbeing by advocating for and protecting the rights of individuals, particularly the most vulnerable, and promoting cultural diversity and equality.
AGD also has regulatory and compliance functions. We work with businesses and provide services direct to the public to achieve better compliance and promote a fair, secure and balanced marketplace, where consumers are protected and know their rights.
AGD supports the work of independent offices, including, the Equal Opportunity Commissioner and the Commissioner for Victims’ Rights, while also supporting the Minister for Emergency Services and Minister for Police through the South Australian Computer Aided Dispatch, South Australian Government Radio Network (SAGRN) and the State Rescue Helicopter Service.
The Attorney-General is the state’s principal legal advisor to the government and responsible for the administration of justice. The Attorney-General is a member of Cabinet and responsible for:
- specific legislation and the state's legal system
- developing and implementing policy
- legal action relevant to the state government.
The Attorney-General is unable to comment on decisions or matters presented in court and does not provide legal advice to members of the public.