In the early 1980s, State and Territory Alzheimer's Associations were established as self-help organisations by and for family carers of people with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
The National federation was formed in 1989 with delegates from all State and Territory members on its Board. Through this period there was limited Government funding for programs to help people with dementia.
Today Alzheimer's Australia works in partnership with other peak consumer bodies and stakeholders, as well as the Commonwealth and State Governments. This has enabled Alzheimer's Australia to substantially increase funding to develop and deliver national dementia programs and services that are considered to be leading edge in the international field of dementia support services.
- Department of Communities and Justice Albury Community Service
- Health and Human Services Department of (VIC) Albury
- Education, Skills and Employment, Australian Government Department of Albury
- Victoria Legal Aid Legal Help (8am-6pm)
- Department of Primary Industries (NSW Government) Albury
- Health Ministry of NSW Or
- Department of Communities and Justice Murrumbidgee District Office