AWH provides a comprehensive range of innovative storage solutions and associated logistics services for a wide range of products, such as:
- wool, cotton and other agricultural goods and produce
- steel, timber, building products and consumer goods
- fertilizer, grain and other bulk commodities
- handling and storage of full and empty containers
- container packing and unpacking for export and import
- AQIS approved premises, with inspection and fumigation services
- warehousing and distribution of general cargo
- road and rail freight management
AWH was established as a national logistics business in 1998. It was initially created to provide economies in warehousing and export services for Australia's wool industry. In recent years however AWH has substantially diversified, developing into one of Australia's leading logistics specialists.
AWH provides storage, handling and inventory management services for a vast array of general, bulk or containerized products for import, export and domestic distribution.
AWH recognizes that its key strengths are the commitment of its 450 employees, backed up by its own in-house systems and software development team, and world-class facilities and equipment in 15 strategic locations in all mainland states across Australia.
This comprises more than 900,000 m2 of warehousing and an extensive modern fleet of forklifts, including eight container handlers and front-end loaders.
AWH's business philosophy is based on developing durable long-term relationships with customers, and tailoring services to suit their specific needs. This is supported by strong commitment to leading-edge computerized inventory control through extensive use of mobile computing technology and custom-designed data interfaces with major customers.